Is there anyway to set up window rules that provide me with the following:
When Gwibber is opened from the tray icon, it stretches from top to bottom on the right side of my screen. Any other windows are resized in order to not go behind Gwibber.
When Gwibber is put back in tray, the other windows go back to how they normally were.
Please lazyweb, don’t fail me now!
Threw in a section about the Liberation fonts in the tweak guide. I fell in love with those. They’re really great on a small screen, because they’re really identifiable at small sizes.
Please vote for my idea. I wish for an applet that handles window managers, and sorts out compositing issues.
Vote also that Vinagre should have a desktop shrinking option. I don’t want scrollbars when I manage a computer remotely.
This is a little late, but I figured I should blog about Project: 3rd party screenlets. It is hosted on Launchpad. The team is also on Launchpad. The idea is to collect all those 3rd party screenlets that are on Gnome-look.org and not in the official Screenlets trunk.
In doing so, we can achieve several important things:
For the users:
- One place to get all individual screenlets
- Follow updates easily with bzr
- Get a package with all screenlets available — probably even a package and a repo for Fedora, Ubuntu, OpenSUSE, etc.
For the developers:
- Easy maintenance of their screenlets
- Keeping close to official Screenlets
- Get input and fixes from other developers, because they can access bzr themselves, and not just post a comment
- Maybe translations down the road
- More users!
- Getting individual screenlets included in the official Screenlets
- Get bug reports
There are probably more upsides for all, but this was my first ideas.
Now, to get the show on the road, we need:
- Developers to register for a Launchpad account
- Apply for the team
- Set up their own project with their screenlets
- Starting using bzr. Short howto and a guide
- Developing screenlets
- Merging with 3rd-party-screenlets branch
This post is tagged Compiz and Compiz Fusion for the likely interest people have in both projects, not because CF is necessary for Screenlets. Because it isn’t anymore 🙂