I’m having some problems with the WindowlistScreenlet. That spurred me to think about how a dreamy windowlist/taskbar screenlet would be. With AWN’s new launcher-only functionality, I really need a great taskbar. So, here’s my points. Please add yours.
- Picks up all applications open that would ordinary be on a taskbar
- Use the highest quality icons available, maybe make icons for known bad ones
- Let the taskbar be placed on a horizontal line, vertical line, curve, in a rectangular box (any proportions given)
- A set maximum size for the windowlist (or -box). If too many icons are kept there, they should be shrinked
- Minimize, maximize, restore works as they should
- Minimized/maximized apps should draw the Compiz Fusion animations properly to/from the icons where they belong (I know AWN sometimes interfer, but I don’t know why)
- Grouping of apps
Maybe someone can use this as a start? It’s in C and Python.